Sunday, March 2, 2014

Oily.

This has been one of those weeks. One of those weeks that I started off completely unsuspecting of the trauma that would unfold. One of those weeks that I realized, for the buzillionth time, the hugeness of the battle we all fight every day.

This post will be pretty short and sweet tonight. There's no way to fluff it up or sugar coat. We are all fighting the devil. Every single soul you see is fighting a battle. I forget sometimes how hard he is willing to fight. I forget sometimes to recognize what I'm fighting and call it like it is. He wants you. He wants your marriage. He wants your spouse. He covets your husbands. They are leading your home aren't they? Take down the leader and the rest will follow is his theory. He wants you, moms. He drools over the idea of you throwing in the towel with that one child of yours that presses your every single button every single day. He lusts over you trusting your "good child" so much that you loose the reins too much. And he wants those children. He wants the small ones and the big ones. Red, yellow, black and white. He wants them young and he wants them old. We focus on this army that Jesus is building. There is an army rising up! And as parents we have on repeat in our  minds "train a child up in the way he should go and he will never depart from it". And we forget.....there is another army being formed. There are souls being won for the greater evil and not the greater good. He wants you. He wants every tiny Jesus loving part of you.

Husbands, put on your fight faces. Battle that battle for the woman you fell in love with however long ago. Date her. Make her fall in love again. Tell her she's the most beautiful girl in the world. Dads, load up your spiritual weapons for your kids. They look to you for the weapons for their own arsenals. Show them the tools they need to go to war. Fight, wives. Fight hard. Pray over your husbands. Lay hands on him as he sleeps, as he drives, as he worships in church on Sunday mornings. Moms, fight. Fight like you always wanted to be fought for. Fight because you love them enough to fight for them. Fight because if you don't do it.....no one will. You are their example. You are the glue until they can stand firm enough on Jesus to let Him be the glue. Walk through your house and anoint every door with oil. (Here's a helpful link and Biblical reference on anointing with oil.... http://ag.org/top/Beliefs/topics/gendoct_12_sick.cfm )   Remind ol' devil where he belongs. When you rise in the morning, remind him, ain't nobody got time for you today, devil! Get under my feet!

Fighting is hard. I don't know about ya'll but I'm exhausted. I  can write this tonight because I fought all week long. I feel like I've been fighting for weeks on end.  I've been fighting myself. Because I was too prideful to recognize who I was really fighting, to lay it all down, and find peace and rest in knowing, the end battle is won. Jesus paid it all.

When I wake up tomorrow, I will put on my armor. And walk my family through fire with oily hands and crazy worship hands and hands laid all over them in prayer. We're all in this fight. Every last one of us. Claim victory over the enemy in your house today. He comes to destroy you. Remind him of who will crush his head under His heel.

***Side Note: find Praise Assembly of God, Beaufort, SC on Facebook. Tomorrow, the sermon from today should be posted. Watch it. Pastor Jamie brought the word with passion!***

No comments:

Post a Comment